Welcome to WhiteLineFever.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the WhiteLineFever community.

2019 Gear

Discussion in 'South Sydney Rabbitohs' started by callmack1, Nov 12, 2018.

1. callmack1

callmack1 Well-Known Member

Although no gear has been released yet for 2019, it can't be far away at all and a new development has been made in terms of sponsorship.

Fujitsu and Crown Resorts are sadly no longer with us as sponsors but it appears we have a new sponsor that has stepped up to the main sponsor level to take their place.

Normally, on Souths members emails, they have the main sponsors at the bottom of the email. So for 2018, Fujitsu and Crown Resorts would appear there. However, these disappeared a few weeks ago which confirms our partnership with those sponsors has unfortunately come to an end.

But in the members email the other day, I noticed that Alcatel appeared at the bottom which suggested to me that they are now our major sponsor.

This was pretty much confirmed today as the club website was updated and Alcatel now appears in the main sponsor area where Fujitsu and Crown used to be.

Despite us having a boxy sponsor for years, I've always thought it still looked nice because they were never some weird colour. However, with Alcatel being the new main sponsor, that might finally pave the way for some nice sponsor intergration because it will fit in between the hoops on our jerseys.

2. callmack1

First bit of 2019 gear has dropped but this is all we have so far, I'm so excited!! One of my favourite parts of the new season is seeing all the new gear!

[​IMG]
    I love it, looks awesome!

Also confirms Alcatel as the new main sponsor and I think it also suggests that P&O may be stepping up into a main sponsor position too.

3. callmack1

Absolutely loving the look of our 2019 gear so far! Gonna buy a whole heap for sure!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21 Well-Known Member

Can’t see them bro.

Can you PM us a link?

5. callmack1

6. RADICAL RABBIT

RADICAL RABBIT Well-Known Member

7. callmack1

8. Redfern Express

Redfern Express Active Member

I love the camo bucket hat. Definitely on my xmas order ,they've run out at present so I'll have to wait.:depressed:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  9. callmack1

10. Rabbits 21

11. callmack1

It was just a tease, it just said there'll be a subtle addition to the 2019 jerseys.

Rabbits 21 likes this.
  12. callmack1

It appears we have picked up another sponsor - Brydens Lawyers!

[​IMG]

Rabbits 21 likes this.
  13. callmack1

Rabbits 21 likes this.
  14. callmack1

Rabbitohs 2019 Away Jersey Revealed: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/12/13/rabbitohs-2019-away-jersey-revealed/

PRE-SALE 2019 Away Jersey: https://shop.rabbitohs.com.au/pre-sale-2019-away-jersey-910.phtml

Already availible for pre-sale!

However, it's interesting to look at the disclaimer. It states that "additional sponsors will be added accordingly". To me, that suggests there will be a sleeve sponsor which is good. It also says "stock will not arrive until early March 2019." What is up with that though?!!! That's a bit of a joke!

15. callmack1

From the Daily Telegraph,

[​IMG]

South Sydney unveil new away strip with Alcatel Mobile the $2 million major sponsor

This is the new South Sydney away strip with a new $2 million sponsor splashed across the front.

In an exclusive photo for The Daily Telegraph, Rabbitohs stars Sam Burgess and John Sutton modelled the jersey at Redfern Oval.

The design is a throwback to the 1980s, with vertical stripes on the sleeves.

At a launch in Sydney’s Woolwich Dock on Thursday, South Sydney announced Alcatel Mobile would be the new major away jersey sponsor for the next two years.

The deal is worth $2 million.

“Them coming on as major sponsor is massive,” Souths halfback Adam Reynolds said.

John Sutton and Sam Burgess in the Rabbitohs new jersey. (Phil Hillyard)
    The Daily Telegraph forecast just week that Souths were on the verge of securing a huge sponsorship deal.

Rabbitohs co-owner Russell Crowe has strategically entered negotiations when necessary.

Alcatel Mobile is part of the Chinese-based TCL group, which manufactures electrical goods including televisions and white goods.

The agreement will have TCL visible on the lower back of home-game jerseys.

The company’s US revenue last year topped $25 billion.

Souths chief executive Blake Solly visited the company’s Chinese headquarters last week to nail down the deal.

It’s a classic look for 2019. (Phil Hillyard)
    Alcatel was previously a shorts and training shirt sponsor at Souths before upgrading for next season. It has been a commercial partner at Redfern for the past eight years.

Souths announced a new sponsorship partnership with Zoom Video Communications only last week.

“It’s fantastic to have an international brand like Alcatel step up to the away jersey sponsorship,’’ Sam Burgess said.

“The Rabbitohs and Alcatel are a great fit and the jersey looks brilliant, too.

“I can’t wait to wear it next season.”

Sam Skontos, Alcatel VP and regional managing director, south east Asia, revealed why his company had upgraded its sponsorship with Souths.

“While brand exposure may seem like the most obvious benefit, our long-term relationship with the club means that we have also seen first-hand the crucial role this club plays in its local community,” he said.

“The unheralded work behind the scenes with Souths Cares, their youth and indigenous initiatives, are also very important to us.

“Our brand fits the rugby league market perfectly, and our journey as an organisation mirrors in many ways that of Souths over the better part of the last decade.

“We have grown into a powerhouse brand in the mobile phone and tablet market with a focus on technology accessible to all, and we couldn’t be prouder to have grown the relationship continuously over the last eight seasons.”

Solly said: “I recently travelled to Shenzhen to meet with the executive team at Alcatel and TCL and they have some exciting plans for their business as well as their partnership with us.”

ALX22 likes this.
  16. callmack1

17. ALX22

ALX22 Well-Known Member

The logo blends in well.

18. Rabbits 21

Very nice bro.

They’re held in high regard FACT

19. Rabbits 21

20. callmack1

Well, I just spent $450 on new gear for 2019.....wow haha.

Rabbits 21 likes this.